Sunday, February 9, 2020

A Brief History of Lawns

I did not think having a nice lawn was associated with political power, social status, and wealth. It makes sense though, you often see the prettiest and groomed lawns in the big houses. If I was to drive around River Oaks in Houston, all I would see is big, neat lawns that just sit there.  Those lawns probably haven't had a kid kick a soccer ball on it, kids running around, or someone walk on it because of how pretty it is and must stay that way. After reading this article I was in shock because I didn't know lawns were this important around the world. I always saw myself wanting a nice front and back lawn not because I want people to know I have money but because they are beautiful. Lawns are what make your house come together and that's the reason I wanted a nice/big lawn but what if none of my thoughts are true and I really have been shaped by the past? What if I am just part of the European and American craze and all I care about is money and power? I don't want to repeat history, I can still have my lawn but can shake off the cultural cargo. I can be creative and shape my own yard in a different way. I want to imagine alternative destinies, free myself from the past, and have some kind of freedom when it comes to my home.
Image result for Unique creative  house lawns
I love this.

A Brief History of Lawns Reading 

No comments:

Post a Comment